Khana Commune is an exciting new way to dine in Singapore. Open to all members of the public, it offers authentic dining based in the comfort and intimacy of a chef's home (my home!). Located in Pasir Panjang, table bookings can be made for 1-18 people at a time. Dinners are held at 8pm twice a month on specified dates. $60 a head for a 5-8 course set menu.
You can view pictures and details of previous dinners/menus on this blog and on the Facebook page. Dinner is based on a set-menu, which changes with every dinner I throw, and I will usually post the upcoming menu 1 week before any dinner.
If none of the dates I have confirmed suit you, and you would like to suggest an alternative date, get in touch and we can look into it.
Email me at email@example.com for all enquiries, or even if you just feel like saying hi!
- PRESS: The Straits Times
- This Morning’s Downtown Line Tragedy
- The July Commune
- Supper Club Hunting: Ms. Marmite’s The Underground Restaurant
- The May Commune
- Menu: The March Commune (28.03.2012)
- The Arab Spring Celebration — Singapore Edition
- New dates!
- Coverage: Razor TV on “Anti-Valentines” Day
- Yoga in Singapore: Why I’ve chosen YogaShala
- Menu: Feb 14th & 15th
- Come be my anti-Valentine
- Celebrate the Arab Spring… in Singapore
- 2011 for Khana Commune: One Year in Summary
- An Arab Spring Lunch
- Press: Going With My Gut reviews KC London
- MENU: Communes Thirty One and Two (December 7 & 8)
- Service in restaurants: a small note
- My tekka problems: Solved.
- 30 dinners and the end to an epic year
- 108,623 hits!
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.
Background to this chutney: My mum first created this chutney as an accompaniment to her ‘Tehari’ (biryani-type dish made with rice and beef). Best served cold, the sweet and spicy notes compliment any savoury dish brilliantly, especially meat-based dishes. It can go equally well with a nice smoked cheese. Throw away that bottle of Thai Sweet Chilli sauce sitting in your fridge – this is the real thing.
Tomatoes, Garlic, Red Chilli, Sugar. Absolutely nothing else, no preservatives, gelling agents, or artificial flavours or colours.
Available in two sizes:
Send me an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the following details: how many bottles of chutney you’d like to order, what size bottles and when you’d like to pick them up by ideally. It would help me if you make the order a few days in advance, as I like to prepare the chutney fresh.
Once prepared though it lasts a very long time.